Date(s) - 08/19/2018
4:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Florida Firearms Academy Tampa
Florida Firearms Academy Pistol and Carbine competitions
This Competition is designed for beginners and for experienced competitors. The competition is both timed and scored for accuracy and is comprised of two stages.
What you will need: If you do not have the required equipment, you can rent it for an additional fee. When using FFA Firearm Rentals you must purchase FFA ammunition.
- We require that all shooters have some form of basic firearms handling experience prior to the competition
- A carbine (AR or AK style preferred) in good working condition. Other styles like bullpups can be used. No Fully Automatic or Pistol Caliber Carbines Allowed. This includes firearms like the FN PS90, H&K SP5 or UMC, CZ Scorpion EVO, Sig Sauer MPX, Soviet PPSH,“Camp” Style Carbines, Colt AR15 9mm carbine and all equivalent variants.
- A Semi-Automatic Handgun (9mm or above in caliber) in good working condition.
- You can opt to use a Revolver instead of a Semi-Automatic (38 S&W Special or above in caliber) in good working condition. We only recommend Revolvers for experienced shooters.
- 200 Rounds, either purchased at FFA or brought from somewhere else for your Carbine of choice. Ammunition brought from elsewhere must match our range criteria.
- 200 Rounds, either purchased at FFA or brought from somewhere else for your Pistol or Revolver of choice. Ammunition brought from elsewhere must match our range criteria.
- Good set of Eye and Muff Style Ear Protection. (we would recommend also wearing inner ear protection of some type) If you do not have your own FFA can rent you a pair of Eye and Ear Protection for $2.00.
- 3 or More – Carbine Magazines (We recommend 20 or 30 rounds in each Magazine)
- 3 or More – Pistol Magazines (We recommend standard capacity and extended capacity magazines) If you are using a firearm which has a standard capacity of less then twelve rounds we recommend you bring at least 5 magazines or more.
- 5 or More – Revolver Speed Loaders or Full Moon Clips (If you opted for a revolver)
- Close Toed Shoes
What we recommend (These items are optional):
- Red Dot Sight on carbine and or Pistol/Revolver (not a must but definitely helps)
- Level 2 or above outside the waistband holster or competition style open holster
- Tactical or Competition Belt
- Magazine Carriers for both Handgun and Carbine
- Revolver Speedloader Carriers (If you opt for revolver we highly recommend this)
If you are having issues signing up for a class or are attempting to sign up for a competition on the same day, please call 813-221-3473 to check for availability. Thank You.
Reservations are closed for this event.