Date(s) - 08/31/2018
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Florida Firearms Academy Tampa
Florida Firearms Academy’s Basic Pistol Class is the Foundation of handgun training. This class is intended for those who have limited to no experience with firearms, or those who want to invest in their time and focus on building fundamentals. We will spend time in the classroom, covering Firearms Safety, Range Safety, Gun Anatomy and Operation, Handgun Fundamentals, Loading and Unloading, and then spend an hour on the range. We encourage our students to fire about 50-100 rounds at this level. We will provide safety equipment, targets, rental firearms, and waive your range fee. Ammunition costs is from $8-$30 per box of 50 rounds and depends on caliber. This class is taught by a NRA Certified Instructors with Florida Firearms Academy’s Curriculum. You may use a certificate of this class as proof of completion of a firearms safety class to apply for your Florida Concealed Weapons and Firearms License; although, we highly recommend that you attend our Concealed Weapon Permit (CWP) Course before you carry a gun.
Course Learning Points
- Gun Safety.
- range safety.
- Range etiquette.
- How to safely handle a firearms- Load, unload and make a gun safe.
- Techniques – grip, stance, trigger control, sight picture, and sight alignment.
What you will need
- You can rent or bring your own semi-automatic handgun or revolver. The class includes the rental cost of a firearm but you will still need to purchase ammunition if you choose to rent.
- Good set of Eye and Muff Style Ear Protection. (we would recommend also wearing inner ear protection of some type) If you do not have your own FFA can rent you a pair of Eye and Ear Protection for $2.00.
- 50-100 Rounds, either purchased at FFA or brought from somewhere else for your Pistol or Revolver of choice. Ammunition brought from elsewhere must match our range criteria.
- Close Toed Shoes and no loose fitting clothing
If you are having issues signing up for a class or are attempting to sign up for a class on the same day, please call 813-221-3473 to check for availability. Thank You.
Reservations are closed for this event.