Date(s) - 05/27/2017
9:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Florida Firearms Academy Tampa
Florida Firearms Academy’s Concealed Weapon Permit (CWP) Course is for beginner or advanced shooters who are looking to obtain their concealed weapon permit. We ask that anybody who takes this class has already taken some Basic instruction on how to safely handle and discharge a firearm. We will not teach you how to shoot a firearm during this class. This class is designed to give the student a brief on the applicable firearms laws pertaining to owning, carrying, and using Deadly Force. We will review how to apply for your permit, laws such as the places where one is not allowed to carry a firearm, how to transport firearms in a vehicle, our rights as gun owners, Use of Force Laws such as Stand Your Ground and the Castle Doctrine, what the “Warning Shot Law” really is, and when you are allowed to use Deadly Force. We will spend 2.5 – 3 hours in the classroom. This is NOT a “check the box” class. We are offering quality training, taught by instructors who have dedicated their time, checked the facts, consulted attorneys, and are concerned for your safety and well-being.
What You need
- If you wish to bring your own firearm please have it encased and unloaded. Please bring a minimum of 25 rounds of ammunition for the firearm.
- If you wish to rent a firearm, there will be an additional $5.00 charge for the rental and ammunition must be purchased at Florida Firearms Academy for use in our rentals. Prices vary on ammunition depending on caliber.
Course Learning Points
- Safe Gun Handling.
- The Five major rules of firearms.
- Concealed weapons and Florida Law.
- Castle doctrine.
- Places you can carry a gun concealed, and places you can’t.
- Carry techniques.
- Proper mindset.
- Methods of practice.
- Types of ammunition.
- When NOT to shoot.
- Reciprocity with other states.
- Traveling with a firearm.
NOTE: To maintain the optimum student to instructor ratio, we require all students and event participants to pre-register. Registration closes 24-hours prior to each course or event. We cannot permit “walk-in’s” to our courses or events. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Reservations are closed for this event.