Date(s) - 10/16/2018
3:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Florida Firearms Academy Tampa
Florida Firearms Academy is teaming up with GunAndSafetyCenter.com to provide a quality “G” License Re-qualification course. This course is state mandated for those individuals who are maintaining “G” armed security guard license and must be done once every year. The course is completed over one day and is a 4 hour class. The class is conducted by a GunAndSafetyCenter “K” license instructor. The class will take place in two parts and is $85.00.
The first three hours of class will be given according to regulations. There is a mandatory class curriculum that will be conducted during this period. The student is asked to bring their firearm to the classroom unloaded along with duty belt if applicable, a minimum of two speed loaders or two magazines as there will be dry fire practice.
The last hour will be on the range completing the practical qualification where you will need to show proficiency with your firearm.
Written Test: A 25 question written test will be administered after the class curriculum is done. The student will have up to one hour to complete the exam and will need a grade of 70% or higher to pass. A short review of correct answers will follow examination.
Range Qualification: Your course of fire shall consist of 48 rounds. Your minimum acceptable score on the range course will be 168 points of a possible 240. You will be allowed to make three attempts at achieving a passing score of 70% (168 points) or greater. If you qualify on the first pass, you will not need to fire the additional two.
What you will need: If you do not have the appropriate equipment FFA can rent you a firearm for an additional cost. FFA Rental require ammunition purchased at FFA.
- A Semi-Automatic Handgun or Revolver in one or more of the following calibers
- 9MM Luger/Para, 380ACP, 38S&W (revolver only), 40S&W, and or 45ACP
- Retention type outside the waistband holster or equivalent appropriate holster.
- 2 or More – pistol magazines or revolver speed loaders
- Pistol Magazine Carriers or Revolver Speed loader carriers
- 50-150 Rounds of ammunition for your firearm. Ammunition brought from elsewhere must match our range criteria.
- Good set of Eye and Muff Style Ear Protection. (we would recommend also wearing inner ear protection of some type) If you do not have your own FFA can rent you a pair of Eye and Ear Protection for no additional cost.
- A ball cap with a brim to protect your eyes from flying brass
- No Shorts Allowed
If you are having issues signing up for a class or are attempting to sign up for a competition or class on the same day, please call 813-221-3473 to check for availability. Thank You..
Reservations are closed for this event.