Date(s) - 08/21/2018
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Florida Firearms Academy Tampa
Florida Firearms Academy is teaming up with GunAndSafetyCenter.com to provide a quality “G” License qualification course. This course is state mandated for those individuals who wish to become an armed security guard in the state of Florida. The course is completed over three days and is a 28 hour class. The class is conducted by a GunAndSafetyCenter “K” license instructor. The class will take place in two parts and is $195.00.
The first two days (10 hours each day) of class will be spent in the classroom learning the state laws and regulations for being a security guard.
The last day (8 hours) will be on the range completing the practical qualification where you will need to show proficiency with your firearm.
What you will need: If you do not have the appropriate equipment FFA can rent you a firearm for an additional cost. FFA Rental require ammunition purchased at FFA.
- A Semi-Automatic Handgun or Revolver in one or more of the following calibers
- 9MM Luger/Para, 380ACP, 38S&W Special (revolver only), 40S&W, and or 45ACP
- Retention type outside the waistband holster or equivalent appropriate holster.
- 2 or More – pistol magazines or revolver speed loaders
- Pistol Magazine Carriers or Revolver Speed loader carriers
- 200 Rounds of ammunition for your firearm. Ammunition brought from elsewhere must match our range criteria.
- Good set of Eye and Muff Style Ear Protection. (we would recommend also wearing inner ear protection of some type) If you do not have your own FFA can rent you a pair of Eye and Ear Protection for no additional cost.
- A ball cap with a brim to protect your eyes from flying brass
- No Shorts Allowed
If you are having issues signing up for a class or are attempting to sign up for a competition on the same day, please call 813-221-3473 to check for availability. Thank You..