Gun Transfer Service
FFA’s Gun Transfer Service = No Hassle Gun Transfers
If you need a gun transferred to you, have it sent to Florida Firearms Academy. Then, relax.
Firearms sent through the mail are called transfers. It’s illegal for an individual to receive a firearm through the mail without the necessary background check. You are required to send all firearms to a Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) Dealer such as Florida Firearms Academy.
The Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) requires that you complete From 4473 for each set of guns or single gun transferred. Click to see FAQ’s.
Gun Transfer Service Procedure
- Call us: 813-221-3473.
- Provide the following information: Your name, followed by:
- A fax number, and phone number for the transferring dealer or individual and their name.
- The best number to get in touch with you to let you know the gun has arrived.
- Make and Model of the firearms.
- Date of purchase
- Completion of form 4473 (Required by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms).
- A background check completed prior to releasing the firearm. Even if you have a Concealed Weapon Permit, we are required to perform a background check.
NOTE: The mandatory five (5) day waiting periods start on the day of purchase, and are in business days. Business days are not weekends or holidays and do not include the date of purchase or date of pick-up.
Gun Transfer Service Fees
Florida Firearms Academy Gun Transfer Service fee is $35 for the first gun, and $20 for each additional gun transferred at the same time. Annual Shooting Range Members get a discount.