Gun Transfer Service
FFA’s Gun Transfer Service = No Hassle Gun Transfers
If you need a gun transferred to you, have it sent to Florida Firearms Academy. Then, relax.
Firearms sent through the mail are called transfers. It’s illegal for an individual to receive a firearm through the mail without the necessary documentation. You are required to send all firearms to a Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) Dealer such as Florida Firearms Academy.
The Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) requires that you complete From 4473 ATF for each gun transfer. Click to see FAQ’s.
You can download the required ATF Gun Transfer form below:
Gun Transfer Service Procedure
- Call us: 813-221-3473.
- Provide the following information: Your name, followed by:
- A fax number, and phone number for the transferring dealer or individual and their name.
- The best number to get in touch with you to let you know the gun has arrived.
- Make and Model of the firearms.
- Date of purchase
- Completion of form 4473 ATF (Required by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms).
- A background check completed prior to releasing the firearm. Even if you have a Concealed Weapon Permit, we are required to perform a background check.
NOTE: The mandatory three (3) day waiting periods start on the day of purchase, and are in business days. Business days are not weekends or holidays.
Gun Transfer Service Fees
Florida Firearms Academy Gun Transfer Service fee is $35 for the first gun, and $15 for each additional gun transferred at the same time. Annual Shooting Range Members get a discount.
Specifics About Gun Transfer Service Fees:
- Firearms transferred from an online purchase (such as Bud’s or Jet) will be $65. If we can’t make a better deal for you, than we will give you the transfer for $35.
- Firearms not acquired from an online purchase will be $35.
- More than one firearm sent at one time, not from Bud’s or Jet or any other online bargain dealer will start at $35 for the first, and $15 for the others.