Date(s) - 06/01/2020
2:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Florida Firearms Academy - Tampa
All-In-One Basic Pistol and Concealed Weapons Permit course
Florida Firearms Academy’s All In One class is for both beginners and advanced shooters looking for the knowledge of safe firearms handling and also the knowledge of how to conceal a firearm in the state of Florida. The course is covered in two sections. The first section is the Basic Pistol section. This section is designed to teach students the necessary skills to hold, load, shoot, and unload a firearm in a safe manner. The second section covers everything required to obtain a concealed weapons permit in the state of Florida. The class does have a range portion where individuals will shoot 20 rounds of ammunition while being coached by the course instructor. This class includes 20 rounds of 22LR ammunition and a 22LR pistol rental.
Course Learning Points
- Gun Safety.
- range safety.
- Range etiquette.
- How to safely handle a firearms- Load, unload and make a gun safe.
- Techniques – grip, stance, trigger control, sight picture, and sight alignment.
- Castle doctrine.
- Places you can carry a gun concealed, and places you can’t.
- Carry techniques.
- Proper mindset.
- Methods of practice.
- Types of ammunition.
- When NOT to shoot.
- Traveling with a firearm.
What you will need
- You can rent or bring your own semi-automatic handgun or revolver. The class includes the rental cost of a firearm but you will still need to purchase ammunition if you choose to rent.
- Good set of Eye and Muff Style Ear Protection. (we would recommend also wearing inner ear protection of some type) If you do not have your own FFA can rent you a pair of Eye and Ear Protection for $2.00.
- 10-20 Rounds, either purchased at FFA or brought from somewhere else for your Pistol or Revolver of choice. Ammunition brought from elsewhere must match our range criteria.
- Close Toed Shoes and no loose fitting clothing
If you are having issues signing up for a class or are attempting to sign up for a class on the same day, please call 813-221-3473 to check for availability. Thank You.
Reservations are closed for this event.