Date(s) - 02/09/2020
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Florida Firearms Academy - Tampa
This class is held at the same time as our regular CWP class but is discounted for persons wanting to sign up as a couple.
Florida Firearms Academy’s Concealed Weapon Permit (CWP) Course is for firearms owners who are looking to obtain their concealed weapon permit for the state of Florida. We ask that anybody who takes this class has already taken some basic pistol instruction on how to safely handle and discharge a firearm. We will not teach you how to shoot a firearm during this class. This class is designed to give the student a brief on the applicable rules pertaining to owning, carrying, and using deadly force. The class will review how to apply for your permit, laws such as the places where one is not allowed to carry a firearm, how to transport firearms in a vehicle, our rights as gun owners, Use of Force, Stand Your Ground and the Castle Doctrine, and when you are allowed to use Deadly Force. This is NOT a “check the box” class. We are offering quality training, taught by instructors who have dedicated their time, checked the facts and are concerned for your safety and well-being. This class includes 10 rounds of 22LR ammo and a 22LR pistol rental to complete the qualification portion of this class.
Course Learning Points
- Safe Gun Handling.
- Castle doctrine.
- Places you can carry a gun concealed, and places you can’t.
- Carry techniques.
- Proper mindset.
- Methods of practice.
- Types of ammunition.
- When NOT to shoot.
- Traveling with a firearm.
- Per Florida statute students will need to show proficiency with a firearm by demonstrating they can load and shoot a firearm safely and accurately. At FFA, the qualification will be with a 10” circular target. The instructor has the final say in whether or not a student has passed the qualification.
What you will need: If customer does not have required equipment, the customer can rent or purchase the equipment from FFA for an additional cost. Firearm Rentals are $5.00 during the class (except when renting a 22LR Pistol, this is covered by the class fee)
- A Semi-Automatic Handgun or Revolver in good working condition.
- 10-20 Rounds, either purchased at FFA or brought from somewhere else for your Pistol or Revolver of choice. Ammunition brought from elsewhere must match our range criteria. FFA RENTAL Firearms require ammunition purchased from FFA
- Good set of Eye and Muff Style Ear Protection. (we would recommend also wearing inner ear protection of some type) If you do not have your own FFA can rent you a pair of Eye and Ear Protection for $2.00.
- Close Toed ShoesIf you are having issues signing up for a class or are attempting to sign up for a class on the same day, please call 813-221-3473 to check for availability. Thank You.
Reservations are closed for this event.