Date(s) - 12/19/2022
2:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Florida Firearms Academy - Tampa
Florida Firearms Academy’s Concealed Carry PLUS Course, is a detailed USCCA Class for firearm owners seeking to obtain their CWP for the state of Florida. A well rounded and robust class, we provide much more of what you’ll need to be a prepared, competent self defender for you and your family.
We ask that anybody who takes this class has already taken some basic pistol instruction on how to safely handle and discharge a firearm. This class is designed to give the student a brief on the applicable rules pertaining to owning, carrying, and using deadly force. The class will review how to apply for your permit, laws such as the places where one is not allowed to carry a firearm, how to transport firearms in a vehicle, our rights as gun owners, Use of Force, Stand Your Ground and the Castle Doctrine, and when you are allowed to use Deadly Force. This is NOT a “check the box” class. We are offering quality training, taught by instructors who have dedicated their time, checked the facts and are concerned for your safety and well-being.
Course Includes everything you will need including firearm and ammunition, however you may bring your own firearm and ammunition if you wish to do so.
- Firearm Rental
- Range Fee
- Eye and Ear Protection Rentals
Course Learning Points
- Safe Gun Handling.
- Castle doctrine.
- Where you can carry – Were you can’t.
- Carry techniques.
- Avoiding confrontation
- Observation and intuition.
- Proper mindset.
- Methods of practice.
- Types of ammunition.
- When NOT to shoot.
- Traveling with a firearm.
- Violent encounters and the aftermath.
- Legal ramifications of using deadly force.
- How to apply for your Concealed Weapons License.
- Further resources to continue training.
- Per Florida statute students will need to show proficiency with a firearm by demonstrating they can load and shoot a firearm accurately. At FFA, the qualification will be with a 10” circular target or the 10” center mass portion of a paper target 7 yards away. The instructor has the final say in whether or not a student has passed the qualification.
A 22 pistol and ammunition is included. If you want to rent another higher caliber pistol at a cost of $5 extra dollars you will also need to purchase ammo for that other firearm.
If you are having issues signing up for a class or are attempting to sign up for a class on the same day, please call 813-221-3473 to check for availability. Thank You.
Reschedules & Refunds: We do not offer refunds on classes, We do allow every student to be able to reschedule once, if they call the store at least 2 day prior to the class
Log in if you already have an account with us.